Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

if i convert my vz alloytec to a 5ltr can i get it engineered to be registered??

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
And I think that's the key, is getting an engineer on board early.
Another person posted a link to skid factory, who have just put an old Cummins in a fairly new patrol, and when I asked about it, the reply I got was it only needs to meet emissions. But these fellas, 1. Know what they're doing and, 2. have mates in just about every department, from tuning, to fab work, to ecu programming, which also seems to help a lot. I mean, hell, they've also been putting a 1500hp Barra into a Bedford, which the owner wants to use as a daily.
Even for them, they did't "just get it registered". They had a few hoops to jump through and a few goes at registering it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
Even for them, they did't "just get it registered". They had a few hoops to jump through and a few goes at registering it.
Yeah wasn't saying it was easy, was more pointing out that there are some outrageous builds out there, so nothing is 'impossible'... Doesn't mean that it's going to work first, or even tenth time

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah wasn't saying it was easy, was more pointing out that there are some outrageous builds out there, so nothing is 'impossible'... Doesn't mean that it's going to work first, or even tenth time

What you mentioned in your post about modified cars being registered doesn't seem to mention the era motor the emissions had to comply with....Really, that is what this thread is about...Can the op get an earlier model engine legally engineered into a later model car?

From what I have read, highly unlikely