Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ignition barrell Problem

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
Just went to pick up my car from the Audio place that installed my new system.
Put the key in the ignition and it wouldn't turn, I took a look and it looked out of alignment, they reckon they did nothing to the steering column, and I can't really see why they would have to, but not sure. Anyway got bthe car towed to Holden. I have heard that this some times happened on the VZ, but has anybody had it happen on the VE? The car has only done 602 KLM so it can't be wear & tear.
Any thoughts?
Really pissed off, I only get home 1 week in five and have no car!!! And what makes it worse is I just spent $4700 on the stereo install and cant listen to it!!!

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Give the steering wheal a good rattle from side to side. This has happened to me from time to time and this fixed it.

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
Give the steering wheal a good rattle from side to side. This has happened to me from time to time and this fixed it.
I wish I posted before it got towed to holden, because if that worked I would have been a happy man and sent you a case of beer!!!!!!

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
the key wont turn if the steering wheel is in steering lock, you have to turn the wheel to the left then turn the key

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
the key wont turn if the steering wheel is in steering lock, you have to turn the wheel to the left then turn the key

Thanks for that, didn't think of it, neither did Holden roadside assistance, It probably wasn't in Park either........

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I have seen a few VE barrels fail so its not uncommon.