Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ignition issues

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
hey guys, i just thought i'd post this up while i remember it. normally when you pull the key out of the ignition, the grey part will pop out as the end of the key comes out. well about 2 months ago, mine started sticking, and now it just stays in all the time. the steering column still locks and all, i just have no idea what the damn thing does, and why it doesn't pop out any more. if anyone knows anything about it, let me know. it's not something that is a real concern, actually it doesn't bother me at all, i just wanna know what it does and why it isn't popping out anymore, and if it's easy to fix.

Thanks guys.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I don't know what it does either, but if the key was sticky, and after being sticky the grey bit stayed put, then it sort of indicates that something is wrong (and probably will get worse!). When mine was sticky I just sprayed the bit where the key goes in with WD40 and then put the key in and out repeatedly to distribute the lubricant. Good Luck.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Should really use graphite power to lubricate locks. Because it's a dry powder it doesn't attract dust like oil and WD40.