Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ignition key

W

wayne burge

my vn commodore ingition key was working perfect this morning got into it tonight key opens door put key in ignition would not work has any body got any ideas

W

wayne burge

the key does not turn the ignition seems to be somethink wrong with barrel is there something to put on key

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
My GF's car (VR V6) done this out of the blue one day, the ignition barrel is worn, it happened to her @ the shops. After pulling the entire thing to bits at the shop with no avail I got the shits and put force on the key and it worked. When I got it home I sprayed it with worth hhs2000 and its been fine since then (about 6 months ago). Will look into getting a new barrel one day!

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Yeah mine did this about 3 weeks ago at the shops. I just fiddled around with it for a while. moved the key around in the barrel and kept trying to turn it. this went on for about 5 mins but it eventully started working and have not had a prob since.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
check that your wheels arent turned. if they are, straighten them up and try again

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Agree with ^ best to try that first :embarrass

W

wayne burge

thanks after about an hour decided pull ingnition out and replacing ingnition

redcedar

workaholic
Reaction score
Members Ride
Alto Grey MY12 SS
Cured the same prob with a squirt of easy-glide down the barrell !!!!!!!!!!

nuttered

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VP Berlina
Ignition barrel is worn. I tried using my spare key the other day and it wouldn't turn. The edges are to sharp on it, and the ignition barrel has actually worn to my old key. bit of lube should help things