Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ignition Leads or High Ratio Roller Rockers? V6

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
I'd go:

1.98 rockers.
12mm manifold spacer
12mm plenum spacer.

I would then make myself a CAI out of PVC pipe into the stock air box, and then I would call it a day. This is the point where you have achieved the financially viable (I use that term loosely) mod limit - anything else on an ecotec is a waste of time. I wasted a lot of money on ecotecs - my 260kw 6L v8 stock flogs the crap out of my old 240RWKW supercharged v6.

Keep in mind that MACE rockers aren't roller rockers, they're just re-engineered standard rockers. I'd personally used Yella Terra roller rockers - but they're a little bit more expensive.

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
i like to know what leads hes talking about?

msd coils and leads wouldnt even be 450....

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
1.98:1 rockers.
25mm manifold spacer
12mm plenum spacer
69mm Throttle body

Prob cost you about $1000, but it's DEFINITELY bang for buck.

cracker

Reaction score
I'd go:

1.98 rockers.
12mm manifold spacer
12mm plenum spacer.

I would then make myself a CAI out of PVC pipe into the stock air box, and then I would call it a day. This is the point where you have achieved the financially viable (I use that term loosely) mod limit - anything else on an ecotec is a waste of time. I wasted a lot of money on ecotecs - my 260kw 6L v8 stock flogs the crap out of my old 240RWKW supercharged v6.

Keep in mind that MACE rockers aren't roller rockers, they're just re-engineered standard rockers. I'd personally used Yella Terra roller rockers - but they're a little bit more expensive.

agree, have abit of fun with the v6, but dont spend on the earth on it, because the v8's are starting to get real cheap, ei ls1 for under 10k ...then consider how nice a bog standard ls1 is compare to a tickled v6 ... you can spend alot on both easy, but dont waste ur money and ur time, been and done the v6 thing.... either get a decent turbo happing or the v8 is ur friend

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
agree, have abit of fun with the v6, but dont spend on the earth on it, because the v8's are starting to get real cheap, ei ls1 for under 10k ...then consider how nice a bog standard ls1 is compare to a tickled v6 ... you can spend alot on both easy, but dont waste ur money and ur time, been and done the v6 thing.... either get a decent turbo happing or the v8 is ur friend

Yeah I'm not gunna go crazy on it because i know it isn't worth it. Instead of tuning my V6 i just got a big LED TV for my room instead...LOL. And now I'm going to save for next 2 years as best i can to get an 8 :).

Thanks for all the great advice guys!