Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ignition module connection plug loose

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman sII 5ltr 1995 & VE SS V8 Commodore
Ignition module is fine its the wireing harmess that is loose causing car to stop mid drive is there a simple fix or do i buy a new one and where would i buy from (nsw)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Check my thread in the VR section. A member has posted a link to the plug on eBay. I am possibly looking at getting one myself. Another member had the bolt snap on theirs.

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ch
Check my thread in the VR section. A member has posted a link to the plug on eBay. I am possibly looking at getting one myself. Another member had the bolt snap on theirs.
cheers will do

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ive just posted on your thread about my connection being different!! With pics

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
how is the plug loose?..is it the whole plug or is it just the metal connectors and pins?
if its the whole plug wrap some duct tape with a decent folded tab around the plug and socket and use dabs of hot glue...if you need to remove it use the tab on the duct tape to brake the seal of the hot glue...if it connectors and pins then use an o-ring pick to very very gently close em up a bit....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Probably good to let people know yours is V8.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You should be able to fasten it adequately using a cable tie. Did this for my wife's VS Clubsport and has been fine for the last 15 years.

Oops, just noticed your ride is a VE, in which case you have posted in the wrong forum, and the advice above may not be correct.

If you are posting on behalf of someone else with a VN-VT1, then the advice is correct.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Oops, just noticed your ride is a VE, in which case you have posted in the wrong forum, and the advice above may not be correct.

If you are posting on behalf of someone else with a VN-VT1, then the advice is correct.

I think the OP has acquired a VR or VS V8 and it's his project car, just not listed in members ride.

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
how is the plug loose?..is it the whole plug or is it just the metal connectors and pins?
if its the whole plug wrap some duct tape with a decent folded tab around the plug and socket and use dabs of hot glue...if you need to remove it use the tab on the duct tape to brake the seal of the hot glue...if it connectors and pins then use an o-ring pick to very very gently close em up a bit....
Thinking its the whole plug wiggles real easy. Thanks will give that a go cheers

Last edited: