Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ignition on my car

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
well this morning i went out to my car and my ignition would not turn when i put the key in, it has been doing this for a while and it usually takes 5 minutes of fiddling then it finally turns.... this morning i was there trying for 30 fricken minutes and it still wouldnt turn....

ive called racv and their on their way to check it out but i reckon his gona just tell me to go see a locksmith to get the barrel switched or something...

any ideas how much that stuff costs?

Thanks

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
my car does this (use to do it). i but it was different to your problem cause if i moved my steering wheel (ie the steering lock) it would unclick and be fine,

i know that sounds like, umm thats wat your suppossed to do, but it was alot harder. i sprayed WD-40 down there and hey presto it's never done it again.....probably alot different to your case though sorry

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
yea no worries buddy im leaving now to get my ignition barrel replaced only gona cost 130 bucks so ill get it done :yeah:

cheers anyway :thumbsup:

excf25088

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III S PACK UTE
This also happened to me too today,

200kms away from home parked my car, went into a shop came back out to start, steering was locked and key wouldnt turn, after 1 hour of fiddling around I gave up and called RACV road side assist, mechanic removed the ignition barrel lock cylynder and ignition switch then removed the steering lock (had a lot of trouble removing the sheer bolt which holds the lock on, he had to use a hammer and a centre punch to graduly get the bolt out) then removed the ignition switch connected to the barrel, inserted my key into the ignition barrel and then started the car by inserting a screw driver into the ignition switch and away I went, spose i'll have to go to holden and get a new key (very worn) and possibly a new ignition barrel, there goes this weeks pay..............