Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ignition problem - turn the key and nothing happens

Kayaness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina 2009
Hi all,

I have a 2009 VE Berlina. For the past couple of weeks I've had a problem where my car would start fine, but if I turned it off cold and tried to start it again nothing would happen - no clicks, no turning over, nothing. I would have to roll it and put it back in park before it would start again.
This morning I go to start the car and nothing at all. Rolled it, rocked it, played with the relays, still nothing.

Has anyone had this happen to them or does anyone have any ideas that might help?

Cheers.

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
maybe the safety switch on the auto is playing up.. its thinking your still in a gear and not allowing it to start. not uncommon on some auto's you moving from park and back is telling u in in the auto transmission. and as they have that cut out switch that wont allow the car to start if it think ur in a gear and not park. have u tried to start it in neutral.

Corduroy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SV6 Z series
Do the lights, radio etc come on? Could just be a dead battery. They only last 3 to 5 years.