Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ignition/Starting Problem HELP!!

Koza13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Hey i cant find a post on this anywhere but i could use some help with this.
I have a problem with starting my car, evertime i unlock my car with the central locking remote i have about 15 seconds to start my car, after the 15 seconds i turn the key and nothing happens, and i mean NOTHING, it doesn't kick over, it doesn't even click just dead silence. Whats wrong and how do i fix it? i dont want to go to an auto electrician or anything cause that shits expensive... HELP

The car is a 93 or 94 VR Acclaim V6

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The immobiliser is designed to passively re-arm itself after 30 seconds if the ignition hasn't been turned on. Have you tried pressing the unlock button on the remote again when this happens?

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
yeah sounds like the immobiliser, if it doesnt start take the key out and lock and unlock the car then try again, you might notice there is a little red light on the dash that flashes, in my old vs if i got it i had to start the car before it started flashing, and if it started flashing i had to lock the car and unlock it until it stopped flashing again then try starting the car, its annoying but not a big issue once youre use to it

Koza13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I wasnt aware of this so called "feature", This is really annoying is there anyway it can be removed?

newvsowner

Reaction score
Members Ride
JG Cruze
why would you want to remove a feature that limits the use of your car without a key? anyway, i don't think that you would get many replies to this question, it essentially broadcasting how to steal a car to list how to bypass/remove the immobiliser.