Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ignition switch

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
this is weird 2 days ago i was going to my car to start it up and realized the key wouldnt turn at all and i dont think ive got a steering wheel lock does anyone know why this happens?

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
sounds like the locking mechimism in the ignition barrel is stuffed if you cant turn the key and have no lock. try putting the key in and wiggle the key and steering wheel while trying to turn the key. sometimes the key wont turn for me and that always works

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
VN's have the in built steering wheel lock.. So if the steerin wheel isnt moving the its cause you have activated that.. As azzfox said just wriggle the steering wheel tryin to turn it whilst u try turning the key at the same time...

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
thanks for replying guys but ive tryed wiggling the steering wheel and unlocking it when it first happened mayb i didnt do it properly but ive tryed for the past 2days trying to figure it out and its weird it just happened out of nowhere i never damage the ignition switch at all, i went to the holden dealers service place and he said it could be the ignition barrel, but i dont know i dont kinda trust them on there opinion...

redcedar

workaholic
Reaction score
Members Ride
Alto Grey MY12 SS
if you have a spare key try it!
I have just had to start using my spare key as the orig one is worn to a stage
that it just won't work any more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
ive tryed using my spare key and it doesnt workkkk HOW WEIRD now my stupid steering wheel is locked and i have tryed everything its feels like its automatically locked and wont undo!

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
take the surronund off and try wiggling the barrel itself and turn the key at the same time this may get you out of trouble but you will need a new barrel soon

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
:cry: i brought a new barrel from commodore wrecking seems in real good condition turns the car on works nice but now the steering wheel doesnt unlocked ... is it cause i didnt take the original barrel, i just disconnected the switch and put it on my new one.. but it didnt unlock the wheel some people say u need to take off the original barrel,,,, but i dont see why u have to cause its not connected? its just connected on the steering wheel poll thing that goes towards the enginee SO Weirdd,,, and i appericate for u guys replyingg its so complicated

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
h0Ld3n`VN said:
i brought a new barrel from commodore wrecking... i just disconnected the switch and put it on my new one... turns the car on works nice but now the steering wheel doesnt unlocked...
shhhhh.... keep your voice down :p