Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ignition troubles

H

Hinchman

hey all
can anyone help me, i havin trouble with my vs. wen i turn the key it does nothin
it all seems normal as in the radio will start, lights will work, but wen u turn that little bit more it does nothin
this only happens sometimes
and if u try to turn it a few more times it will work after a few times.
it is really tempermental.
does anyone no wat the problem might be

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
key battery, the silver things on the ignition were key touches maybe dirty, this topics been raised a few times, click the Search button and take a look

S

SYM35

i ve had this same problem i had a search couldnt find anything?????????

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Its not just loose/corroded battery terminals is it?

H

Hinchman

i no the battery itself is good. and the key batery is clean
so its still a mystery

QIK51X

Holden V6 N/A 14.7@94mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vr commodore v6
hinchman, another prolem could be your gear knob is not correctly in the P position its just off. Try putting it in neutral and start the car see if it starts straight away that could be your problem. It was for me.

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
I keep having the same problem every now and then. I find though when l turn my fan on it starts up :S... oh well l might clean the contacts and see if that fixes it.

C

Chaser_1

just jiggle the gearstick and it should start.....something about it not properly uningaging the saftey switch that stops u starting in gear...

H

Hinchman

i do have to giggle it sometimes. i was wonderin if anyone knew how to get it fixed. is it hard or do i need pro help?

R

rattattack1313

Hinchman said:
i do have to giggle it sometimes. i was wonderin if anyone knew how to get it fixed. is it hard or do i need pro help?

Probably dust/dirt in the micro-switch..... you can easily repair/renew it....it's just a bit of mucking around to do......(never done it myself, other members might be able to assist there...)....