Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

illegal on p's?

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
that would be right 2 months before i go from red to green they change the system lol

reevsey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
when are they supposed to scrap these rules?

Radarboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
The Road Safety Traffic Management Act is enforced Australia wide by all law enforcement. If your on your 'P's and you modify a vehicle out of manufactures specifications you may attract attention..........The simple rule usually applies (I say usually because not all cops play the same game). If you drive like an idiot you will attract attention. If you have the right attitude 90% of the time the attitude test is applied and you drive away with a lecture !. If you don't, we'll you came across that cop that has no friends and would give his mother a ticket LOL. It's simple attitude. This is really important, don't argue, don't complain, don't be a clown.....it's the Highway Patrol you have to be concerned with not the local General Duties cops the majority of those blokes are to busy driving in between 'domestics. It's simple if you have a modified vehicle......drive correctly, don't be an idiot. If you manage and control your vehicle in a mature way the majority of the cops will simply admire your wheels and leave you alone. If your sideway around a corner one would suggest you'll be on the side of the road with the bonnet up and a red/yellow label affixed to your windscreen.

Last edited:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
that would be right 2 months before i go from red to green they change the system lol

It wont matter, your on the old licensing system. These changes always only effect NEW license holders.;)

helrzr925

Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed vr wagon 3.8L
sorry for getting off topic, but in queensland, i was under the impression that the only mods you are not allowed is A.illegal mods, B. major mods that require a engineers certificate, and C. any form of forced induction
can someone please confirm this?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Straight up answer.

Anyone on red P plates in VIC, cannot drive any car with anything classed as a performance mod, including:

Exhausts of any type OTHER than stock

Air intakes OTHER than stock

Extractors OTHER than stock

Tunes (but the cops couldn't tell if you had a tune anyway if everything else is stock

Forced induction of any type

No V8's of any kind

Or anything else they class as a performance mod, such as shift kits etc.

Plain and simple. Buy it if you want, but don't whinge like the 30 billion others when you get busted by an officer out doing his job. If you didn't do what your boss told you to do at work, you would get in ****, the same goes for the police.

THIS GOES FOR VICTORIA, I AM NOT SURE ABOUT OTHER STATES OTHER THAN VICTORIA.