Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I'm gonna have to say goodbye to my Skyline...

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
I've had the1990 Skyline for 3 years now, it's just done about 120,000 klms... only had to replace the water pump and battery .... it's been such a reliable car... we have the VX and just latley I bought this good 1993 Barina cos the wife wants to get a manual license... sob-sob :cry:

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
u should have spent the money u paid for the barina on doing a manual conversion for the skyline??? Unless u bought the barina cheaper than the conversion

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
you shouldve just paid for her to get lessons in a manual car. Wouldve been cheaper than buying a whole new car.

But the barina is more family friendly so thats one up side at least

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
the Barina cost $750 to buy... this uni student had owned it for 4 years... she gave all the papers to prove it... it's only got 110,000 klms on it too ... all our kids are grown up and left home... I put 2 new full axcle cv jonts, 4 new tyres, windscreen washer motor and it'll need rego ... it'll be a lot more cheaper on fuel and rego to run ... Wife might agree on getting a manual gearbox for the Skyline and sell the Barina for a profit after she gets her license.... she really shocked me 6 weeks ago when I joked about putting a supercharger on it for $2,000 ( second hand Toyota 2 liter ones)....