Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Im having trouble installing my sub.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I don't think its ten times easier going through the wheel arch at all, drilling a hole in the firewall is simple and easy and quick, with the correct drill bit and grommet it takes 15 seconds and you have a perfectly sized hole with a nice rubber grommet straight through into the cabin. I don't like your method becuase your running a live power cable through your wheel arch. I see that as being more dangerous and risky than keeping it away from any moisture and moving suspension parts and moving wheels, also, running your cable through the firewall is the 'norm' for a reason, its the best way otherwise you'd see FHRX Studios and the like running power cables your way.
I'm not having a go at you here mate, like everyone else on here we are just people on a forum offering our opinions.
Cheers.

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
to even find a bare spot in the firewall to drill a hole, you'd have to pull the entire dash out in most cars!

even attempting to run through an existing grommet can take hours!

I've done it on enough cars to know never to bother trying again when its 10 times easier going through the wheel arch!

please, show me where I can run TWO 0ga cables through this firewall?

aristo1.jpg

you can't! ever! there is zero clearance in the engine bay, and zero clearance behind the dash, and you'd be just plain stupid to attempt to drill a hole there.

you're more likely to damage cables in the engine bay than in the wheel arch, you've got no chance of the cable becoming entangled in suspension parts, but I can see why you're against it.... because you've never even tried it!!!

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calm yourself down, Princess. I'm not in the mood for an arguement with another keyboard warrior so you can settle down on your logitech there and save it for 4chan.
Cheers.

EDIT: He was talking about a VS commodore here btw if you read the top post. I've run 3 0 awg cables in a vs through the firewall lol.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Don't really have a pic of it on this computer but here is a rough idea when it had 2x0awg and 1x4awg

DSCF2584.jpg

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Read up a few posts there champion, i'm not here for an argument.

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
it doesn't have to be "pretty" to be neat... but I prefer my installs neat.

I guess when its a commodore it really doesn't matter anyway.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Wheel arch is fine as there's a protective cover hiding it all and stopping it from getting anywhere near moving parts.

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
Wheel arch is fine as there's a protective cover hiding it all and stopping it from getting anywhere near moving parts.

exactly! but for some reason, someone, has decided that because no one else does it, it must be the wrong way to do it.

Like I said, I've done it on 4 cars, no issues.