Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I'm in the club (got my VE)

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
After spending almost every waking hour hunting on the net..I got my VE Omega last week..I bought it sight unseen via an auction house in Sydney..and had it transported to Melb..As you can imagine.. I was very nervy buying this way.. even though the sellers were very good and the car had a report..I was still worried...but guess what..he who dares wins...cos the car..apart from being very dirty and having a couple of very minor scratches..turns out to be a beauty...not only does it allready have the ss style qaud exhaust..but it had also been lowered (red springs so Im guessing pedders)..took it for a good drive yesterday..drove faultless..
Although a risk..buying this way saved me a few grand at least.
Its a black 06 with 62k on the clock. I will post some pis once I find some nice wheels..pretty keen on a set of 19' SSV's.

Scott.

Last edited:

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Glad to hear it turned out to be a decent example unlike that other 06 example you looked at few weeks ago. Get those pics up with or without new wheels :p

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Nice work. I got a black 06 Omega from an auction house in sydney too. How much did you get it for? Put up some pics :)

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
Kudos for having the guts to purchase like that. I was looking for a VY and there were a few ok ones interstate that i could have picked up like that, but just wasn't confident enough to do it. Glad it all worked out for you.

get those pics up, it sounds nice and tidy. :)

Last edited:

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
new VE

The car will end up costing me 18k on road with 12months reg..which is what I was hoping to pay..before I found this one..I couldnt find a black VE with lowish K's for under 20K..so with the mods already done it was a good buy..and still has factory warranty till 8/09.
Will take some pic asap.

cheers.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Nice work mate, i also have a Phantom Omega.

They do look very nice in this color, a bit tough to keep clean though lol.

Glad to hear you nailed a good one.

Mike.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Lol its the ONLY colour for an omega IMO

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
phantom omega ute count? If so add me :D

vcorbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I bought my 07 VE Berlina last week from an auction place as well. Excellent condition, Evoke Grey with only 50k on the clock. Saved a few grand buying through auction and has all Berlina extras, just need to put a set of 19inch wheels on I think.