Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Im so over mechanics

mike4226

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe 3.6
my dad had a new booster installed by a mechanic along with a rwc, he drove out of the workshop and first time he had to stop he nearly went up the arse of the car in front took it back and they said it was normal mind you he had to pump the pedal three times to get the brakes to work everytime he wanted to stop, since then ive always done his brakes and all his work and hes had no problems with so called mechanics, as soop says buy a manual and learn how to do it yourself you save bucketloads of cash and know its done right.

That happened in my vs after getting new pads and rotors installed on the back i just got off the highway and the brake light came on and i had to put my foot thru the floor to stop it but i put that done to an air bubble and it never did it again but i did crap myself

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Is yours loud richard as mine is louder when in an echoey area like driving beside a fence or wall or barrier but if i put my head out the window i can still hear it.And its only happening on the longer drives at this stage

yea mine is a lound whoosh noise on drivers rear wheel. is very embarrasing, so i just try to not park on down slopes haha. il get around to adjusting it myself to see if it helps. havent really noticed on longer drives, but i dont know what 'disengages' the noise, because its there, then its not, then its back. at first i thought it was my rotors, so i replaced them. seemed to work for a few months, then came back, so i doubt its rotors

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
The rear handbrake system is cheap and poorly designed. It's used in many other vehicles throughout the GM empire.

If you manage to get it fixed, it will go out of adjustment and begin making noise again quick smart.

mike4226

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe 3.6
yea mine is a lound whoosh noise on drivers rear wheel. is very embarrasing, so i just try to not park on down slopes haha. il get around to adjusting it myself to see if it helps. havent really noticed on longer drives, but i dont know what 'disengages' the noise, because its there, then its not, then its back. at first i thought it was my rotors, so i replaced them. seemed to work for a few months, then came back, so i doubt its rotors

ye its probably not your rotors as mine have a mirror finish.I read on google in a ford forum that the ba falcon had this problem and an easy fix was too drive forward a few metres and than put the handbrake on and reverse 2 metres and apparently that works

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
so your saying reverse 2m with the handbrake on? lol funny story, the noise was peeing me off big time one day, so i reefed up the handbrake, prob only going about 30km/h, and heard a big ass bang. wont do that again hahaha

mike4226

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe 3.6
so your saying reverse 2m with the handbrake on? lol funny story, the noise was peeing me off big time one day, so i reefed up the handbrake, prob only going about 30km/h, and heard a big ass bang. wont do that again hahaha

yes Richard roll forward and put the handbrake on and keep it on and reverse 2 metres.One lady who was having this prob in her ford did it and she didnt get the sound again.So i guess it positions the brake shoes or something like that

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
haha did that one day in my dads VX cause they were rubbing and it was annoying me but i also got a real loud screech cause they just locked. Found out there either on or off and nothing in the middle lol

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
hey enrico has it happened to yours before??
All the time. Sick of adjusting the things!

The handbrake shoes have adjustment pawls which are reached via holes it the disc hat. Easy to adjust but are prone to seizing.

The pawl locking tabs are also shite.
ye its probably not your rotors as mine have a mirror finish.I read on google in a ford forum that the ba falcon had this problem and an easy fix was too drive forward a few metres and than put the handbrake on and reverse 2 metres and apparently that works
The Fords must have automatic adjusters on the HB (activated when brakes are applied in reverse). Kingswood's used to have this system many years ago.
Done that too!

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I remember that in the Kingswoods, too. Just a thought, probably not what's causing it but my VY was doing this same shh, shh, shh noise a couple of weeks ago. It was the backing plate on the inside of the rotors, had bent slightly and was scraping on the rotor. I just bent it back into shape and noise was gone.