Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Image of silver VE SV6 with 19" matte black wheels?

40/20

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SV6
Hi all, this is probably a long shot but anyone got an image (or know where I can find one) of a silver VE SV6 with 19" matte black wheels similar to the Diezel Zeus attached?

Looking at buying these this weekend but have no idea what they might look like on the car.

I'm getting them shipped to me so unable to check before buying and I've bought wheels before that looked great on the shelf but disappointing once fitted. Hoping to avoid that mistake again.

And yes, I have tried Google Images but no luck unfortunately. At least, with the key words I was trying anyway....

Thanks

Attachments

• Diezel Zeus.jpg
    Diezel Zeus.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 6,028

40/20

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SV6
Bloody hell, I wasnt expecting that... thanks for taking the time to do that TinSnips, very much appreciated. The colour and wheel type look pretty good going by that.

Out of interest, is that how 19's would sit on the car do you think?

Or is that more like how 20's would look, as DynoVE is suggesting?

Thanks again for your efforts.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
It's a bit hard to tell really - the wheels are actually taken from a 350Z (hence the small brakes), which I'd assume would have 35 profile tyres, and so that's about what 20s would look like (obviously lowered also) - but not exactly accurate - I had to change the perspective of the wheels slightly which would have altered the dimensions a little also. Use it more as a guide than anything else. Also, the rear offset won't be accurate in the mock-up as, again, it's taken from a 350z

If you haven't actually ordered the 19s yet, I'd go the 20s as well, not only for looks, but you'll have a greater choice of tyres too - the 245/40/19s are only done by a handful of manufacturers - but of those, there is a range of prices, so you're not shooting yourself in the foot either way. I do like 20s on the VEs though. Seems to be just the right size whilst still giving enough lateral grip and not sacrificing power.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
i got these on my white suby....

file_18_27.jpg

LOVE dark rims on white cars!!!!
I wanted the Fin7's, but waaaaaayyyy too expensive. (http://www.keiracing.com/wheels.html)
These BSA's had the thin fin look, and the red pinstripe I wanted (you want the red stripe otherwise the black wheel black rim combo 'disapears' when on the car). Would have preferred matt black over carbon, but the 347's only come in this or silver. These worked out much cheaper than any of the other brands.... and believe me I looked EVERYWHERE for this particular style.

As it turns out the carbon look looks good! And is dead easy to keep clean.... brake dust/dirt doesnt stick to the rim at all.

I also really like the Osaka Zeus wheels.... but they didnt have them available in the offset I needed for the forester. You should check them out too!

And OP, go 20's.
The image Tinsnips made up would more represent 20's (or even bigger), not 19's.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
i got these on my white suby....

file_18_27.jpg

LOVE dark rims on white cars!!!!

And OP, go 20's.
The image Tinsnips made up would more represent 20's (or even bigger), not 19's.

fantastic design, just not sold on the carbon effect - would look the business on a ricer but a bit flash for a big car, I think.

There are some seriously nice japanese wheels going around at the moment and the build quality is exceptional! Not sure what's available for the VEs but I saw some stunning wheels on an R35 the other day. 3 piece wheels and the balance weights were tiny - phenomenal precision.

40/20

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SV6
Ah ok, sweet thanks for the feedback guys, its been very helpful.

Yep I really like that wheel too, always been a fan of that type of design & colour.

The last set I got was for my VZ SS and went with TSR Druids in Anthracite. Very similar wheel but in my haste to prolong the Toyo rubber I had on the stocks, I only went with 18s, which I pretty much regretted instantly.

Unfortunately though the Zeus wheel isnt available in 20's (at least where I'm ordering them from). The closest are these Lenso Eurostyle 8's which are similar style but only in hyper black instead of matte.

Guess I have some decisions to make....

Thanks again everyone.

Attachments

• LENSO_EUROSTYLE8_HYPER_BLK.jpg
    LENSO_EUROSTYLE8_HYPER_BLK.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 5,127

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
^ too much imo. too busy.