Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobiliser Doesnt Work, How Do i Bridge / Remove / Hotwire?

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Heys guys,
Recently my mates vn 5spd remote immobiliser stopped working, we checked the fuses, battery everything cant fnd a fault so weve come to the conclusion of getting rid of it or bridging it till we can get it removed, thing is, its not the same model that ive previously bridged so need sum help. Ive put up some pics, any useful info / howto's wud be appreciated cheers.

Details(if it helps)
Immobiliser:4XR-5
Serial: 0044058
Date Issue: Jan 15 2002

Edit: sorry bout the bad quality

social-albums-random-picture2741-image021.jpg

social-albums-random-picture2740-image020.jpg

social-albums-random-picture2739-image019.jpg

social-albums-random-picture2738-image018.jpg

social-albums-random-picture2737-image017.jpg

social-albums-random-picture2736-image016.jpg

social-albums-random-picture2735-image015.jpg

social-albums-random-picture2734-image014.jpg

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Have you tried the emergency override procedure?

EMERGENCY OVERRIDE PROCEDURE

In the event of a system malfunction or lost remotes, the system
may be disarmed by entering the “PIN”. The 375B and P385
includes a lock/switch, which can be used to disable the sound
while the rest of the over-ride procedure is carried out. Simply
remove the black plastic dust cap, insert the key and turn 90
degrees to the other position.
Then follow the PIN override procedure:-
-> Turn the ignition ON. TheLEDwill glow constantly.
-> Turn the ignition ACC. Count the number of flashes
corresponding to the first digit it the PIN. Switch to ON position
when count is complete.
The LED will once again glow steadily. Repeat previous step
for remaining digits. system will disarm.

Alternaticly to disable the immobiliser for this unit you will need to grab from the wiring harness the WHITE and RED pairs (has 2 immobilisers) so there will be 4 wires of each colour. Basically you then want to cross the wires over [see the diagram below].

4XR-5.jpg

First bit shows you current wires and the second picture shows you how to cut out immobilisation.

And immobiliser 1 will have white wires, immobiliser 2 has red wires.

Last edited:

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
ohk. il give this a shot, its a little confusing but hopefully i dnt f nything up, cheers alot alien :thumbsup:

EDIT: ok ive looked at the wires and as u cn see, there isny any coloured ones aka red / white...

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I'm not sure if the emergency override is permanent or just to get you home, so maybe it's best to actually try the bridging. Should be easy just swapping 2 wires around per immobiliser. But yea, if you run into trouble just give a yell out.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
*YELLS* ok so heres the easiest way i can explain lol. in one of the pics u cn see all the wiring coming onto the motherboard thingo, that was inside the box and had the wires running out of it, and from there the wires split up into groups (3) and have fuses on each group...how do i kno where to cut if theres more that 8 wires :S

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
OK, there should be 2 wires with fuses on them for power in
2 wires for ground
One wire goes to the ignition
One to the door switch
One to the bonnet switch
One to the alarm horn
One to the indicator and one to the other side
One to lock
One to boot release
One negative out
One unlock
One auxilary trigger
And the other 8 wires are for the immobiliser! :p

That gives me 23, yet i can only see 19 wires from your unit :S [Somehow i'm missing 4 :S I only counted the 2 harnesses as that's all i could see clearly, so there could be 4 others somewhere]

Is there still heat shrink on the wires close to the board? If so that tells you the pairs for the immobilisation circuit. Because the Australian standard is to make all wires black and of even thickness it does make it harder.

I can't really see anything in the pics, they're not that great quality, but one of those relays on the board switch the immobiliser on and off, so if you can trace it back then you've found the wires. (The reason there's 2 wires each immobiloisation point is to allow bigger currents under the australian standard).

If you know where the immobilisation points are located then you could also do the modification there.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
i have like no idea where the immobilisation points are / much at all to do with wiring / boards lol

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
CRAP, this is going to be difficult. Um, is it possible to get better quality pics of the board (both sides)? Maybe with a a proper camera? The shots are too terrible :lol

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Wat about getting some wiring diagrams for a VN. If it has 2 immobiliser points, chances are one pair will go to the fuel pump wiring, and the other pair would go to the starter solenoid somewhere. Have a look at the wiring diagram and find the wires which would go from ur ignition to the starter, and hopefully somewhere along there it's been chopped and wired into the alarm....find the other end of the wire which would be connected to the alarm as well, snip the alarm wires off and join the ignition wire back together.

Same for the fuel pump, follow the wires and hopefully u find one of the immobiliser wires joining onto it, snip it and find the other end, snip it, and join the original fuel pump wire back 2gether.

That should get it started.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
come to the conclusion guys im just guna get a auot electrician out and get em to remove it or somethin