Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobiliser light always on - car runs fine!

UKcv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 Monaro cv8
Hello All
I am uk based and have owned a 2004 cv8 for coming up 2yrs, I was hoping you may be able to help me with a problem on the car.
Bar one time when the light flickered/dimmed then went out for a few seconds the immobiliser light on the dash has always been on, it does not matter whether the car is running or not or even if the keys are in the ignition?!
The car has never failed to start and the alarm works as it should as does everything else on the car?
Have spent many hrs trying to get to the bottom of it and read about BCM faults and ignition/worn wiring possibly being the cause but any advice would be very much appreciated.

TIA

Neil

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Get a picture of the light on the dash and throw it up just so we can make sure we're talking about the same thing.

UKcv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 Monaro cv8
Get a picture of the light on the dash and throw it up just so we can make sure we're talking about the same thing.
ok will do - its the one of the car with the padlock through it - thanks.

UKcv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 Monaro cv8
this is the light which never goes out (also never flashes as it should) - pic not from my car, copied from the net as could not upload from my phone!
Thanks
Neil

upload_2019-9-21_8-30-22.png

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
With Holden's proprietary scan device, there is the means somewhere to have the immobiliser lock status light changed e.g. light flashing, static (on) or not on at all. I witnessed this a few years ago when my VZ was being interrogated for an unrelated problem. The lamp remained on after some other investigations (flushing out Immobiliser Fuel Disable Signal Received error). I asked for the light to be returned to the original state, and this was done.

UKcv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 Monaro cv8
ok good to know this can be done, many thanks for the info it is much appreciated.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Its to do with your immobiliser, if your car keys are locking and unlocking fine then you will need to hook up a scan tool and see what's going on.

UKcv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 Monaro cv8
Its to do with your immobiliser, if your car keys are locking and unlocking fine then you will need to hook up a scan tool and see what's going on.
thanks for the feedback, I am in the process of finding someone who has efi-live to do this.