Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobiliser or fuel pump circuit

Kazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Holden Commodore SS V8
Hey guys karen again my Holden Commodore had to be towed this morning to mechanics. I went out this morning the car drove well. Got back into it after I finished my swim car wouldn’t go called NRMA they said it could be immobiliser or fuel pump circuit . Bad news is it has to be towed to your mechanic so that is where it is any ideas guys . How do you unlock immobiliser .

Kazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Has this happened to anyone else I have replaced 8 fuel injectors what next. It is only 6 years old with just over 60,000klms it is the 2016 series 2 VF Holden Commodore V8.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
"car wouldnt go" is very vague.

the immobilizer is a part of the vehicles computer system and normally if it cant locate the key you will get a message on the dash but the system can lose its key programming in rare cases.
a defective car battery can cause all sorts of issues so get that tested while it is with the mechanic.

it is probably the fuel circuit/pump but your mechanic will be able to work out what the issue is.

Kazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
"car wouldnt go" is very vague.

the immobilizer is a part of the vehicles computer system and normally if it cant locate the key you will get a message on the dash but the system can lose its key programming in rare cases.
a defective car battery can cause all sorts of issues so get that tested while it is with the mechanic.

it is probably the fuel circuit/pump but your mechanic will be able to work out what the issue is.
Thank you , is a fuel pump circuit very expansive I am stressing about my car I got a warning last week but I was waiting for my service to come up on my dash car was going perfect good fuel fuel injectors all replaced and then this carn’t believe it my car had to be towed.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Thank you , is a fuel pump circuit very expansive I am stressing about my car I got a warning last week but I was waiting for my service to come up on my dash car was going perfect good fuel fuel injectors all replaced and then this carn’t believe it my car had to be towed.
a fuel pump circuit is a board term for anything within the fuel pump electrical system.
it could be a simple fuse or the fuel pump and you wont know until they look at it.

some of the vfs had some issues with wiring for the fuel pump that was causing resistance on the wiring which would blow fuses or effect the fuel pump operation/performance.
i am not sure how wide spread it is but it can happen as referenced in this thread

Kazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heard back from mechanic it is the fuel pump he said it is a big job got to pull out fuel tank .

Kazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Has this happened to anyone else I have replaced 8 fuel injectors what next. It is only 6 years old with just over 60,000klms it is the 2016 series 2 VF Holden Commodore V8.
My last car I had for 17 years never fussed over it ran for 17 years always got a service . But this car first fuel injectors and now fuel pump . Hyundai did well over 100,000 klms and no trouble never has an issue.

Kazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
a fuel pump circuit is a board term for anything within the fuel pump electrical system.
it could be a simple fuse or the fuel pump and you wont know until they look at it.

some of the vfs had some issues with wiring for the fuel pump that was causing resistance on the wiring which would blow fuses or effect the fuel pump operation/performance.
i am not sure how wide spread it is but it can happen as referenced in this thread

[/URL]
My mechanic rang me back fuel pump a big job got to pull out fuel tank . Why are Holdens so much trouble I had a Hyundai for 17 years it ran on a sniff of an oil rag this car seems like I go a few months than something else. I bought brand new only done a little over 60,000 klms. I was just commenting to my husband that the car is driving well and then this morning I drove it out for to where I was going then got back in car and it was cranking a sound like yours I think I might of flooded the engine. Called NRMA and now like yours a tow so fed up with things going wrong with the car. First fuel injectors replaced 8 and now this . Not happy.

Kazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
My mechanic rang me back fuel pump a big job got to pull out fuel tank . Why are Holdens so much trouble I had a Hyundai for 17 years it ran on a sniff of an oil rag this car seems like I go a few months than something else. I bought brand new only done a little over 60,000 klms. I was just commenting to my husband that the car is driving well and then this morning I drove it out for to where I was going then got back in car and it was cranking a sound like yours I think I might of flooded the engine. Called NRMA and now like yours a tow so fed up with things going wrong with the car. First fuel injectors replaced 8 and now this . Not happy.
Sorry I thought I was replying to the magnum that died this morning and had to get a tow . Cars I am learning what things can go wrong so frustrated

Kazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride

[/URL][/URL]

[/URL]
Do you know if Holden are recalling VF 2 commodores for fuel pumps