Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobiliser or fuel pump circuit

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
contact holden customer care with your vin number and ask for the warranty expiry date.

Mine shows a 3 year factory warranty on one system and seemingly a 7 year warranty on another system...
As is my diff was replaced via warranty claim this year so it's just back office issues with the date...

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I'd sort out the fuel pump issue with Holden as it's a known safety defect which sadly Holden didn't care to handle under a recall process. Regardless, Holden should cover your fuel pump/fuel wiring repair costs under either factory warrenty or fully cover it under "good will" if they can't bring themselves to say its covered under ACL statutory warranty. Hopefully they wont be shitbags about it and just sort it out for you so you're not out of pocket on this issue.

Then, when the fuel pump issue is sorted out on Holdens dime (and your reimbursed for the repair costs), then i'd bring up the issue of the injectors and ask them why that known issue shouldn't also be handled in the same way? Then you should be reimbursed the $1600 odd it cost you to fix Holdens known injector defect (which should also have been handled by a recall).

My rockers were fixed by delaying delivery but it's all good now... i hope...
I don't think we need to worry about oil pump/torque converter failure in late model VF2's... i hope...

What else may go wrong? who knows but the big ones seem to be piston slap, rocker arm failure, injector failure and fuel pump/connector failure. That's enough of a list for me... we don't need more :p
And that's why the second hand prices are so high for these LS3 cars. Character.
It's like the Alfa Romeo aura - inadequate mechanical design and endemic rust are just part of the "character". These Holdens don't seem to have the rust though (touch wood).
I once part owned an Alfasud. What mugs we are.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
They wanted to, but the sales invoice was on the desk between me and the DP, I just tapped my finger on the item of Dealer Delivery Charges...
The DP looked at the invoice and said "No problems".
That's funny especially when your car was delivered in the month the 7 year warranty started. But he is a great DP anyway.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
It was the worst purchase experience of my life as all dealers played all sorts of games around everything being sold out (which simply wasn’t the case)… Holden should have sold these LE’s via direct sale, taken deposits and if large numbers place $ down they should have run a lottery to pick the “winners”…

Me, I just got the car, an overpriced car wash and lots of hassles which delayed delivery by 6 months… They also threw in the bundled “box” with the model car (where the rear tail light fell off as an omen of what was to come) and the naff key display box (which doesn’t have an easy way to replace the battery that will likely die soon)… Worse still they tossed all the paper work, build sheet, ect… Idiots…

No jacket, no hat or any other Holden paraphernalia, no invite to a club track day, nothing… Just attitude when I held them to their word… Fcukwits the lot of them (except the actual sales person who was trying to do the correct thing but his bosses were being shits)…

It was a foul experience which was a pity because the car was mostly great… and the niggly things were ultimately fixed (for the most part)…

Ok, so now tell me what sweeteners you got :p
I said we should both meet up in Melbourne and have a chat. I'm trying to work out what happened to the guy "Graeme" on here because he said he has a story to tell once his warranty ran out and he had lots to tell about Holden. I was lucky enough t have a broken rocker on the way home from the dealership. But I did get 7 year warranty on one of my VF series 2 cars.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
That's funny especially when your car was delivered in the month the 7 year warranty started. But he is a great DP anyway.
He is! Greg sold me 5 new Holden's since 2003.

Nikki johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX series 1 3.8L V6
I have a series 1 (anniversary model) VX commodore (3.8L ecotec) which was manufactured in December 2000 (going by manufacturing plate)

For the first time, my fuel pump had to be replaced with mileage being around 295 000kms.
For both the part and labour, it cost me less than $500, and that was with the fuel tank having to be dropped to.
In regards to injectors, all I've ever had done was injectors cleaned by mechanic (one is currently slightly down, 97%), or added fuel injection cleaner when fill up with full tank of fuel.
I understand having to replace fuel pump or even injectors with high mileage, but not low mileage.

Despite mechanic already confirming that the fuel pump is the issue, other things that can cause a car not to start is naturally battery, starter motor or fuel filter (if clogged enough), injector/s, as well as crank angle sensor, EGR valve, fuel pressure sensor, mass air flow sensor, crank shift position sensor, DFI module, flat key battery, ignition barrel, corroded or bad battery connection, electrical issue (including fuse or relay) etc.