Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobiliser! Please help!

qwertyjustin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim V6
Hey all.

I just went to go to work this morning, and my immobiliser wont let me tick over the engine. Its a VT commodore 1998.

Both Key remotes will not disengage and wont ' beep beep' the car. The security light flashes on no matter what. Theres plenty of fuel and plenty of battery. Does anybody know a few ways to disengage the immobiliser?

I read in the manual that this can happen from time to time, but it didnt really show me much help sadly.

Cheers

Justin

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I don't know if it will work but you could try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and that might reset the BCM. Good luck. You will need to enter your radio PIN if you have the stock radio.

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Check that the metal ring around your ignition barrel is actually rubbing against the key.
Unscrew the metal part of your key, give it a good scrub and install it back. Maybe the key isnt making contact with the radio.
How long have you had the key, the onboard batteries may be run down?
If you can still unlock your doors manually without the use of the remote the car will automatically go into 'safe' mode and prevent the car from starting.
With the key in the ignition, turn the key clockwise and anticlockwise to syncronize the immobilizer with the key. it might help but this didnt work for me.
If all else fails, you'd have to get a new key programmed or if you are adventurous..change the batteries in the key. it might work for a while but it'll be hell to pay if you pry apart the key and take the PC board with it. the battery contacts are spot welded to the battery.
This happened to be before and i was late for an urgent sales meeting.

v6monstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs executive
help for you

dude turn on your your reds for 45 mins start your car turn off your car turn your reds back on
and leave them on and disconnect your + battery lead and when you want to go some where
put your lead back on the battery
what this does is tricks the computer (ecu) so it still thinks the cars on even know theres no power coming from your battery it will still think the cars on
this wont damage your computer it is completely safe to do to your car

THINK OF IT AS A PAUSE ON THE COMPUTER

:beer chug::lock::smoking::hmmm: