Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobiliser problems on VN Calais

redlion05

Red Lion 05
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2
Hi All!

My Vn Calais is experiencing problems with deactivating the immobiliser. I've had the original remote changed over 2 years ago with a $60 reprogramed remote. It worked a dream.

Until 1 week ago, I parked my car in the garage and it wouldnt lock. Replaced the battery the next day and it worked. Today, it won't function again!

Any possible answers/experiences that have resolved this problem would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
canbe lotsa things with the remotes... does the red LED work when u press the button... if that doesnt work then the remote wont work... is the battery up the right way.... try just using the circuit board.. sometimes the button can be hell dicky

redlion05

Red Lion 05
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2
Hi VT Berrlina,

I have replaced the battery with an enegiser, worked the remote without the plastic cover and have the red light flashing in the car, even though i'm pressing the remote (which signals the green light) but no response.

Is there a way of testing the remote for faults or even recoding the immobiliser personally or would i be better of getting it looked at by holden or a locksmith?