Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobilized problem

Ruben Filippus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden adventra cx8
Surely you checked all the fuses yeah?

If the key is sending a signal but the car wont unlock or register, you probably got a key receiver and/or key reader slip ring fault.

If the key, key receiver and key reader slip ring is good, ECM, BCM, PIM issues.
I checked that key reader slip ring with continuity check to that wire from BCM to the ring but its give signal. The remote control can't even do anything even if I want to unlocking or locking the doors from outside. I even put a new battery but nothing. The problem I did is this that after I brake the barrel I was driving without the key touching that ring.i was only pressing unlocking button than starting the car with screw driver putting it in that black igination switch. Later than I see the car is no longer start. Fuel and spark are all good but it's only going off after few seconds and if try to prevent the fuel pedal than it giving back fire in the engine like it starving fuel

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That is definitely a sign of the immobiliser kicking in.

When you removed the battery from the remote it probably lost it's data. Sometimes it can be recovered by inserting the key in the ignition and cycling the buttons as the key can then communicate with the bcm when it's touching the key reader.

Ruben Filippus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden adventra cx8
There is no immobiliser module, it's a feature of the BCM and thus can't be bypassed or isolated. Only way to get past it is to leave the key set accessories for like 2 hours, but since your barrel is broken I think you're out of luck.
ok let me try to do that.and i also want to now which tool can program my vy?coz the one that people have here to Namibia are all fail when ever they trying to program my car