Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

immobilizer wont deactivate!

Happy Panda's

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT(S) Sedan & VZ Lumina Wagon
My VT Series II S does the same thing every 6 months or so, latest last Saturday afternoon in a very crowded shopping centre car park.
Tried all the usual, went and got other key, do difference.
Disconnected the battery for a few minutes, made no difference.
Checked and fiddled with every fuse, relay etc under dash and bonnet, no difference.
Tried adding a jump start to the mix, no difference.
Left it alone for a few hours to think about what it was doing, made no difference.
Swore, gave up, told the missus to ring roadside assist to tow the bloody thing home!
As she walked to the other car to call them, I sat frustrated in the drivers seat and tried one last desperate move, while holding the spare key in one hand quickly pressing lock and unlock one after the other, I tried to start the car with the other key, SUCCESS!!!:lock::surprise:
I have no clue why it worked this way this time, but it did.
Usually the missus has to leave it for a half hour or so and then get back in and it's always started straight away, so I don't know, but it's a matter of trial and error and hopefully it will fix itself.
Of course the safer and better option will always be to take it to someone who can test everything on their Tech2 and hopefully find the fault, it's bloody hard when they are so intemittent though.:banstick:

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Vx commodore. check the fault codes bridge pins 5/6.

The the key talks to the BCM and the BCM,ECU talk to each other.
If there is brake down in communication between the bcm and ecu the starter will engage but the fuel system wont be working
the ecu wont let the fuel system work.

Or as mentioned before key.

White ve ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss s1
A similar thing happened to me and it turned out to be a problem with the BCM (Body Control Module), A new BCM was the fix. So you might want to look into that. You could try disconnecting the battery, you never know. You will need the radio PIN handy if you have the stock radio.
How much was the new bcm

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
How much was the new bcm
I don't remember, it was about 12 years ago. Definitely not cheap from Holden, around $600 seams to ring a bell. It would be much cheaper to buy a used BCM with matching key head and have it linked to your PCM.