Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobilizer

Doug whiley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt acclaim
Does anyone know how to disable an immobilizer on a VR (no im not stealing one, it's mine) my VR is permanently immobilized. I've tried taking the engine fuse out, and disconnecting the battery. I can override the immobilizer by turning the key to ON, waiting 45min, then turning it to start. But this makes my VR very unsuitable for bank jobs.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
If I'm correct you'll need a Memcal with no VAT included to override that "very secure" security feature LOL

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There used to be a bloke on Gumtree who disables the VATS in the BCM. He used to charge $45 - $50 IIRC. Mine has been disabled in the BCM but it does throw a code 31 now that won't go away, even with my VATS disabled memcal.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Check the contact ring is good around the key hole.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Good spotting Wot !

Yes those readers around the Key hole can be problematic and you don't even know that it's fractured internally.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mine has been disabled in the BCM but it does throw a code 31 now that won't go away, even with my VATS disabled memcal.

I've always been of the opinion that when you mess around with factory systems they'll always throw a spanner into the works as a repay favour LOL !!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Good spotting Wot !

Yes those readers around the Key hole can be problematic and you don't even know that it's fractured internally.
Doesn't the ring stop it cranking rather than activate or disable VATS? I had a VATS problem a few years ago when fitting a new memcal, it cranked but wouldn't fire. I have a problem with mine now that the key has worn down that it stops it from cranking, every now and then.