Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immortalities First Rescue...

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I tried to find it again and came up with nothing. It never showed on a search but one night I went right through Eagle or Obsolete parts website and found it.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Got the WOF sorted on the Calais so now after the next few days are done with I can start thinking about the VT again.

Calais will still need new thermofans at some stage and new heater core but not if huge concern in the short term.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
OK, since the low speed fan in the Calais is dead, I've changed the high speed fan to the low speed fan settings and stop it getting quiet as warm as it has been of late when stuck in traffic.

Last edited:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
OK, since the low speed fan in the Calais is dead, I've changed the high speed fan to the low speed fan settings and top it getting quiet as warm as it has been of late when stuck in traffic.
Great work.
Now while you have the laptop open..........

Vnssvnss27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
So I did a thing today. Haven't figured out if it's a bad or really bad thing. Bought sight unseen other than than a few pics online.

I'll pick it up in the next few days and I'll post a few pics of my rescue.

Apparently it drives well but has a blow head gasket and it's on LPG. Plan is to drive it home across Auckland, fix what ever is wrong and use it as a daily work hack for a bit and a spare car for my boy to use. It has a current WOF and rego so that is a good thing...

I'm feeling inspired by VGG and Finnegans Garage/Road Kill.....
Hi Immortality, sorry new to this I have a question about what ecu to run a VS II auto box and hoping you could steer me in the right direction. Could you send me a message as I can’t work out how to send you one, much appreciated.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Immortality, sorry new to this I have a question about what ecu to run a VS II auto box and hoping you could steer me in the right direction. Could you send me a message as I can’t work out how to send you one, much appreciated.

I've created a new thread for you, see

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
So after a bit of fluffing around we managed to get the VT back onto terra firma. She was stuck fairly good in the ground and the single pegger just wasn't enough traction to get it out of the holes the wheels had sunk into as well as going up a bit of an incline.

To get the old girl out I had to tow it out with the Subaru which had a flat tire. Got my shitty old air compressor out that manages about a maximum of 45 psi and started pumping it up again. After a while I could feel a slight air leak at the valve stem, shortly there after the core from the valve stem went flying but managed to find it. Grabbed some Loctite 401 instant adhesive and put that sucker straight back and started on attempt No2 to get the tire inflated. Seems to be holding wind at this time!

First start almost no lifter rattle, win, 2nd start and much warmer the rattle is back. Got to wonder if it doesn't like the 15w-50 oil it has in it? Will throw some Nulon Lifter Free at it. she also runs on both petrol and LPG and fires up nice.

Dove into the boot and checked the test date on the LPG tank, 05/14 which means I think we have another year before the tank needs to be re-certified. Will check with a local LPG WOF testing station to confirm.

Hosed off the tree debris and she's looking just as ugly as the day I got here. I guess she might need a name, Rescue VT doesn't really cut it any more.

Don't think the AC works any more either :( that might just get binned.

Next on the list of jobs,

Flush the cooling system
change the front struts
Check the brakes
Flush the transmission twice and put in a new filter (the fluid is really low and is a weird brown colour).
**** around with the lifters some more and see if I can quieten those down.
Get it all street legal and take it on a long cruise to test everything and see how cheap it runs on LPG.

Maybe throw a V6 motor in the boot and drag that down to some chaps place way down south of me who has a Land Rover that has no power but a brand spanking new radiator to keep it cool! Does a V6 motor fit in the boot?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride

Never saw this, oops.

The PCM runs both the engine and the transmission.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
1505366381.jpg

1505366509.jpg

1505367119.jpg

1505366906.jpg

She's fairly rough, povo pack base model exec with no bells and whistles. Even has wind up windows :)

The very first job will be to rip out the LPG **** as it will hinder future plans. the AC compressor may get turfed too, this fat bitch is going to need to loose some weight.

Ohh, yes. Some Chaser rims. Definitely staying on steelie wheels.
I can't see the pics of your car in your post that I've quoted

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bugger. Those were hosted on Trademe and I must have forgotten to bring them over to the forum :(