Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

impressed

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
yeh in a way i do like my manuals, if it wasnt for a bit of clutch work, my car wouldnt hav a chance of spinning the wheels, and i no wot u mean with rolling start, no chance of me spinning

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
lol i can spin my wheels, in the dry or wet, but that involves dropping back to 2nd or 1st and flooring it (another thread on here) but thats not good for ur car at a ll lol, so i only did it once, but i do love commys for booting it round a corner and getting a little drift lol

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
38VNIT said:
lol i can spin my wheels, in the dry or wet, but that involves dropping back to 2nd or 1st and flooring it (another thread on here) but thats not good for ur car at a ll lol, so i only did it once, but i do love commys for booting it round a corner and getting a little drift lol

In a straight line driving along you can get wheel spin in the dry?

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
yeah, sit on bout 50kms, drop it back to 2nd, and just boot it

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
is it just me or are adelaide streets slipperier than country streets, coz where i used 2 live, there is no way u could spin the wheels in my car, but here in adelaide it often happens

prince_dj666

hypo v6
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2112842/1
1991_Vn2nV said:
hehe I can only spin the wheels in the wet as well at around 55-60... Any higher and the auto doesnt kick back that extra gear so it doesnt get the acceleration to spin the wheels :(
If its dry, it'll only spin the wheels a tad off line, not with a rolling start :(

you for real? my vn..... while in 1st gear going 40km/h and if i plant it it spins till i hit second.. and thats with 245/35r19's on em. in the wet, straight line or around corners etc if i put it in 1st, standing start or rolling, it will spin till speedo hits 220 and smokes. and my car isnt that quick anymore... have u guys suss yrs out at a mech b4?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
prince_dj666 said:
you for real? my vn..... while in 1st gear going 40km/h and if i plant it it spins till i hit second.. and thats with 245/35r19's on em. in the wet, straight line or around corners etc if i put it in 1st, standing start or rolling, it will spin till speedo hits 220 and smokes. and my car isnt that quick anymore... have u guys suss yrs out at a mech b4?

Yeah my tyres are 235's but only 16 inch rims. But yeah as long as the auto kicks back to first it spins the wheels pretty easy. But yeah it wont if im doin more than 60 because it doesnt kick back to 1st.

My speedo only hits 160 in the wet when the wheels are spinning, never seen it get anywhere near 220?

As for the mechanic side, My car visits a mechanic every 5,000-10,000km's. Although I still do services on my car myself anyway but the point of a mechanic and really services is to find things that breaking or on their way out to be replaced... If I had a hoist or pit of my own it would be a different story and I could do a more thorough check of my car...