Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Impreza Turbo Conversion

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
My brother and i have inherited this impreza from a late mate of ours, he always wanted to do a WRX style conversion.

So Ive bought this Turbo Forester as the donor car:

The body, other then obvious crash is pretty average, the log book says its from Bondi, so it does explain why everything is all rusty and corroded. Has a full service history up to date so thats a good sign the engine has been looked after at least.
I dont really know much about Soobies as far as swaps and what not, apparently most of the suspension components swap but ill have to find out.

Any info on them would be helpful!

Last edited:

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
The Engine is out:

And the Forester:

Last edited:

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
90% of the mechanicals are now out, getting it out of the shed with no wheels was a challenge.

Last edited:

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Definitely following this one, got a soft spot for subies.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Definitely following this one, got a soft spot for subies.

I dont blame you, they are great cars!

This is probably the most difficult part of the conversion, the Forester is a full electronic cluster and the old girl is mechanical. Im going to try and make the Forester cluster fit in the old girl but its going to be hard to make work let alone not look like a dogs breakfast........

Last edited:

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
I've always liked these cars, and I knew a guy who swapped all the WRX STI driveline parts into his low spec Impreza, as far as I remember it wasn't too hard, basically just changed it all over as they were basically the same. Of course using a forester as a donor may make things a bit harder.
I guess you could swap the wiring looms over, but i'm not too sure how they work in Subies.

Are you going to keep the stock Impreza look, keep it a sleeper and go a front mount cooler (maybe stealth black), or leave it as top mount and get the bonnet and kit from a WRX?

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
following this thread!

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Today ive 99% finished stripping it out, towed the body down the paddock to go to scrap. Just got a few minor brackets ect to remove, ill hang onto it until the conversion is complete because there will always be some little bit you forget!

Last edited: