Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Impreza Turbo Conversion

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Nice work mate, I owned an Aus Del RS Liberty which was modded, the Foz and Imprezza share the same wheelbase and liberty up to gen3 are 200mm longer but all imprezza gear fits.
Check out amauto.com.au on the sunny coast they do some wicked ass conversions on all models/ types now.
Al and Miles really know there stuff.

Ill check out the site cheers!

Not much has been happening as far as mods to this, gave it a full service and fitted some driving lights to go with the wanna be rally car look.

Next on the list is some new front struts and sway bar links, need to make a light weight bash plate for the sump as well.

Last edited:

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Had the first problem since the conversion.
Ran into a little trouble with the power steering, it started to whine intermittently then the steering got a little heavy and when i got home it wouldnt even make the horrible noise when you go full lock and hold it so i parked it up for later.

Started it on a cold Sunday morning and it sounded like a supercharger had found its way under the bonnet, wasnt noisy when i parked it but sure is now.

Video:

So i pulled it off and ive got a second hand one of ebay coming:

The power steer fluid was as black as old engine oil in the forester so im thinking the system has had a hard life and probably has caused a premature failure of the pump at 164ks.

Last edited: