Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Impreza Turbo Conversion

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
I've always liked these cars, and I knew a guy who swapped all the WRX STI driveline parts into his low spec Impreza, as far as I remember it wasn't too hard, basically just changed it all over as they were basically the same. Of course using a forester as a donor may make things a bit harder.
I guess you could swap the wiring looms over, but i'm not too sure how they work in Subies.

Are you going to keep the stock Impreza look, keep it a sleeper and go a front mount cooler (maybe stealth black), or leave it as top mount and get the bonnet and kit from a WRX?

The forester is based of an impreza so im hoping most parts will direct swap, the looms are pretty similar so im going to do a whole loom swap to save rewiring it. Ive got a spare bonnet for it so ill just make a hack job scoop fitment. On a bit of a budget so ill leave it all std until later.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Ive been working on the cluster, slowly getting there. My phone is taking terrible photos im sorry.

Last edited:

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Should be able to make a start on the Soob soon, but for the mean time i have nearly finished the cluster:

Last edited:

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
The Forester had leather seats, they looked pretty sad but after some cleaning and treatment they looked pretty good so i repaired the rips in the back and got them ready to go. They are supposed to bolt right in so hopefully this is the case.

Before:

And After:

Last edited:

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Those repairs look pretty good.
Just a hint, use a stiff bristled thin brush to get all the sand and crap out of the lower seat crevices, you could use a paintbrush and pull the crevices apart to clean them as well.
You will be surprised how much crap is in there but it makes it look neater once done.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
OMG you have a Super Nintendo AND a Nintendo 64 FTW.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
ive got the org xbox like above... only kept it for burn out and midnight club dub edition lol..

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Im a bit of a closet gamer, got my little dungeon setup with all the old consoles haha.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Started on the Impreza today:

Engine Out:

Last edited: