Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Improving fuel Consumption

scbh81

VRUUUM XU6 180 SC
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XU6 VTII 99
hey guys,

Just wanted to find out if anyone has installed one of those 'MAGNAFLOW' thingys? If so has it had a better fuel consumption?
What are other ways that you can improve fuel consumtion?
Pacemakers? Exhuast?
Appreciate any tips that can be given???
regards
:w00t:

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
just dont drive with a lead foot.
get a CAI and remove excess like junk in the trunk

B

blofly

make sure your tyres are inflated to the correct limits, your wheel alignment is good, your brakes are not binding, the handbrake is not sticking slightly, you drive with the windows up and use your vents on long cruises, your engine should be in good tune, try to time the lights so to speak EG if your approaching a set of lights and you see them turn amber 150 meters up the road, don't jam the brakes on at the last 50 meters instead coast the the first 100 meters and use your brakes at the last 50 meters, that way the engine is just idling during the coast period rather than going at cruise speed.
A quality induction kit and extractor/exhaust combo will add %05-%10 better fuel econmony :thumbsup:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
2Fast2FuriousDude said:
Don't put on 17" wheels.

err why? I've heard this alot, people saying their fuel consumption goes up when they go to bigger wheels. Never experienced it myself. Only way i can see it going is when people are giving it to it and the car with the larger tyre needs more power to take off.

B3NKobe

Reaction score
Members Ride
car
2Fast2FuriousDude said:
Don't put on 17" wheels.
Iv noticed a jump in slight better fuel ecc since I put my 17 inch vt clubbies on the other week...