Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Improving on FE2 Suspension

zacz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Quicksilver Monaro CV8Z M6
hi all

Im thinking about sweetening the ride of my Monaro CV8Z over our potty Australian roads.....

My goal is to just SOFTEN / SMOOTHE / ABSORB the sharp knocks (kickback through the suspension) when i drive over potholes and really jagged roads..without compromising the handling balance of the car. I also do not want to lower the car at all.

From my experience, the stock dampers (shock absorbers) are pretty ordinary and ive heard that simply replacing these with decent units will improve ride quality.

So i was wanting advice from those of you who have tweaked your dampers already - what do you suggest? How do you know what is good and what is not?

Im considering a few alternatives at the moment:

1) PEDDERS SPORTS RYDERS
2) KYB AGX Adjustables (which have adjustable bump/rebound control)
3) MONROE SENSATRAC or GT GAS with REFLEX
4) HSV GTO Coupe Dampers

So far Im leaning more towards the KYB AGX Adjustables.....

My main goal is to get a smoother ride over the sharp bumps without compromising the balance of the car.

What do you guys recommend?

Last edited:

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
pedders or monroe in that order purely because of name reconigtion. though adjustable bound/rebound shocks sounds like a great way to alter the car for the once or twice in a life time track days [ or loosen it a little more for winter? ]