Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Impulsive - VZ Alloytec SV6

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Bit of an update

For a while now the problems have been startign to creep up on me, gearbox, panel, small electrical issues, minor mechanical repairs needed work. The amount of money to spend was ever increasing and i was tired of the car, hasnt looked its best in quite a while. Some what neglected. Up untill a few days ago i had been looking at selling and buying something more economical etc etc. speaking with my partner and a few mates, decided that i couldnt really afford the costs of a new car, didnt want a H.O.S run-about and my next car i wanted a Prado. Decided that what i have now is the best option, bite the bullet and start the ever long 'restoration' if i may call it that.

So far i have broken down the fixes into 3 categories. Mechanical, Cosmetic and Wish List.

The basic run down of repairs required goes like this

Replace
steering wheel
Pedal Rubbers
Catch Can Plumbing
Tweeters
Front Rotors
Intake Pipe
Gearbox

Repair
Drivers Seat (worn on side near elbow)
Rear Spoiler
Right hand Guard

The list continues right down to untwisting seatbelts, replacing switches and even wheel nuts.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Update continues.

So i decidedro keep the car last weekend and so far its been a successfull battle.

So far i have managed to repair the tailshaft coupling, replace the catch can hosing, thanks to rich i got my hands on an executive intake pipe, neating up the engine bay and proving to be good for induction sound. Fix the broken door locks, Degrease the engine bay, Repair the window switches, make the seat adjust normally again and do a complete detail of the interior, involving removal of the seats, shampoo, deodorise, and clean all the plastic trim.

Over the next few weekends i plan on finishing painting the new dash plastic, polish the car, replosh the intake manifold, find and paint a new radiator shroud.

BPX-31H

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 vz sv6
what pedders springs did you use? how low are they and do they ride and handle good with stock shocks in it?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Pedders touring springs. Don't forget we changed over gearbox in your car. Another fix haha.

vzsv6manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
sweet car mate, did the 175 intake pipe do anything? did you need a tune when you used the ported TB

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
the 175 pipe did nothing but make the induction louder, in saying that, im a skeptic with small gains. As for the throttle body, im confident there were gains, but that is bolted onto a custom manifold aswell so that may help. The only way for me is to remove the custom manifold and TB and refit the standard one and run it on the dyno with before and afters