Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

in big trouble !!!!!!

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Should a VN boss kit fit a Vp? i got a Vn boss kit frm the wreckers which they said would fit, but it didnt. I grinded the tab down on the back of it, then it went on. Tightened it up, but the wheel wont turn, like its too tight. Took the wheel off, now i cant get the boss kit off. My car is parked on the foot path near my house hile i was doing this, i cant move my car i dont know even who i would call about this. Can someone please help me !!!

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
You wont get a boss kit off without the wheel on it...

Put the wheel back on the kit and put the nut on a few turns, proceede to hit the wheel either side like donkey kong while lifting towards you with your knees...

When it comes loose, youll know why the nut is there!

aZk.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Finally got it off, had to bash the **** out of !! I'm guessing the Vn boss kit, is different to that of a VP one. From the VP ones ive seen, they had two little prongs at the back, the one they gave me didnt have them..

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
collapsable steering can be seriously damaged bashing it like that so don't do it anymore than you have to.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
well when i put the boss on, there wasnt enough room for the nut to go on, so thats why i grinded the tab down a bit. Do you think its possible it may be cllapsed a little, and tht would be stopping me from getting the nut onto the boss?

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
With the boss on, was it rubbing against the plastic behind it? Do the splines line up? Can you still fit a standard steering wheel?

Its sounding like its not a VN/P boss. Did you remove the boss yourself at the wreckers? VR/S boss should also fit, but leaves a gap between the boss and the plastic surround. VL had a different spline. Not sure about pre-VL.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
the boss came straight off a VN, umm what are the splines...?i think im just going to stick with my standard wheel anyways..

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Splines are the 'teeth' on both the boss and steering shaft. They should be a smooth fit without any force until the tapered faces meet and you tighten the nut.

Im surprised that it stopped the wheel from turning. Something was defiantly wrong. :)