Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

In the hunt for some GRUNT!

Dogga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL
Hey guys.

I have an RB30 N/A sitting in my shed on a stand waiting for me to tear it to pieces. Now initially I had planned to simply strip it down and give it a basic rebuild for two reasons.
1- The motor hasnt exactly had the easiest of lives, so it could probably do with one.
2 - Ive need something to do to keep my hands dirty.
Since thinking about that, plans have changed slightly. Ive got a VL that is now becoming the project car and I want this motor to be set up with a turbo to throw in there when im ready.
Im an apprentice diesel mechanic by trade, so i know my way around a shed, and really want to do as much of the work by myself as possible.

Now i already have some ideas of my own, but i want to know exactly what you guys would do to a stock standard N/A RB30 to make it produce somewhere between 200kw-250kw

Should probably also say that my pockets arent all that deep.... So lets set the spending at around $4000-$5000

Go nuts guys. Cheers.

Dogga.

BTW - This is still going to be my daily driver, so lets keep her legal shall we?

Dogga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL
Yeah mate i have, and ive found a lot of info. But now that im getting down to the nitty gritty, i thought id ask the question myself to get more specific answers.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
well its going to have to be turbo to start with.

standard rebuild
3 layer head gasket
wade 818b camshaft
hi flow
intercooler
some boost and it should get you over 200 rwkw give or take if its a manual