Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Inaccurate Level 3 Cluster

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
Hi guys

My level 3 cluster seems to be giving inaccurate trip meter readings. if i refresh it at the start of a full tank (63L) then it will say i have 63L in the tank. I'll finish off the tank, with an average of 9.5L/100km, using all but about 2L.

I will have only done about 550 - 600km, which is about 10.5L/100km not the 9.5L which it quoted

Then i check fuel used, and it says i only used about 55L of fuel, instead of the 63L in the tank

Can anyone shed some light on this?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
yeah those dashes are never accurate. it just gives an approximate figure. read the manual to find out how to calibrate the dash

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Mine does 11.9/100km n get 550km roughly outta a tank havnt checked me dash latly but ino i only get 11.9/100km....but i havent go CAI like u....i would luv to see those figures on mine...but yeah their not that accurate....mine says i have 0km to empty when ive got 1/4 tank left...

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
hold down the mode or reset button (cant remember wich) on the fuel avg screen and adjust the number with the - and + buttons so it reads 625 this should make it more accurate

if it is on 625 then let it run out of fuel and add an exact amount of fuel to it and adjust the calibration so it matches the fuel in the tank