Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Incline Control (or something)?

cavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon
Has anyone noticed a message which sometimes comes up on the dash display which says something like 'Incline Control' and shows a picture of a car on a slope? I never quite catch the wording as it only appears for about half a second and only appears occasionally when putting it into park (not every time). There's no information in the handbook about it and I can't find anything on the internet. It seems strange to have a message flash up and not give any reason or information for it being there.
I have a Berlina so it may only be something that comes up on vehicles with the triple display.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
might have something to do with the adventras? might pay to give holden a ring and explain what happens.

BeKzZz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Berlina
heyy mateee yeh i hav a VZ Berlina as well and sumtimes i get the same thing but i hav no idea y it comes up 4!

xtr3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 3.6L
You guys are on the right track.

The Adventra has a basic hill decent control or so i remember reading.
As far as I can recall, the VZ cluster that brings up this message can have a firmware update to fix the issue you see. its nothing bad, its a bug in the software.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
yep, it needs a update flashed onto the computers, some models had an incorrect software installed at factory, hence, hill decent control flashes

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
at least you dont get the GRRRRRRRRRRR from the brakes when it kicks in, its only a warning :thumbsup:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
at least you dont get the GRRRRRRRRRRR from the brakes when it kicks in, its only a warning :thumbsup:

lol it works good reversing off 4post hoist with it lol,

i was playing around with an addy at work one day, scared the **** out of me when it kicked in lol,