Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Increase of Speed on a standard SV6

Pennycass

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore SV6

Hello all. I am all new to this so i hope i am posting in the right area.
I have purchased a 2006 SV6 VE Commodore a few months back, i am wanting to know some cost effective ways to increase some Kw in my car.
Although i would love to have it supercharged, i really dont have that kind of coin at this moment.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be great thank you!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hello all. I am all new to this so i hope i am posting in the right area.
I have purchased a 2006 SV6 VE Commodore a few months back, i am wanting to know some cost effective ways to increase some Kw in my car.
Although i would love to have it supercharged, i really dont have that kind of coin at this moment.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be great thank you!

Used Cars - New Cars - Search New & Used Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au -> first choose 'sell your car'. Take what you can get for it. Then go back to same site and choose 'cars for sale' and either pick a V8 of the same model if the VE is what you like. Problem solved.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So what sort of coin do you have?

How much you want to outlay?

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Please ignore above posts as they obviously didn't read properly, OTR intake, full exhaust system, tune and a under drive pulley will see you around 200 rwkw add cams CPR6 manifold and you should have around 240 close to a stock ss, email Steve from mace engineering if you want confirmation of the power output as this is what he's told me.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If you don't have enough coin to supercharge it, you don't have enough coin to make it faster. Unfortunately, the V6 just isn't cheap to make fast. The missing two cylinders are the problem.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Please ignore above posts as they obviously didn't read properly, OTR intake, full exhaust system, tune and a under drive pulley will see you around 200 rwkw add cams CPR6 manifold and you should have around 240 close to a stock ss, email Steve from mace engineering if you want confirmation of the power output as this is what he's told me.
Same power as a stock SS, and outlaid more money with the SV6 + mods than a SS.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Read some of the other threads in this section.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
If you want a bit more out of it I would do basic bolt on's and a tune. It will have a bit more go but far from a rocket ship.