Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Increasing stabilty

topdzl

Reaction score
Website
www.aghaith.com
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7
Hi
I believe I have commodore 2000 vt ss 5.7 as it's well known in the middle east as Lumina SS.

I'm facing a big challenge to increase my car stability, this is the first stage of tuning my car to a better performance. It seems lots of people are lowering their cars and I believe that would increase it's stability with new shocks, spring and anti roll bars, but in some threads people were disagreeing on lowering equal more stability. One more thing are there a big difference between using a 19" or 18" wheel related to stability?

I need to know what things that I have to change or replace in my car to increase it's stability, but also remember that I'm using a lumina SS. money isn't a problem.

SSbeast

Reaction score
Without actually widening your cars stance lowering it and adding wider tyres is the next best thing. By lowering it you lower the cars center of gravity so less body roll and therefore less mass swaying around trying to pull the car in the opposite direction of the corner you're going into. Harder springs and shocks will also help. If you want real stiffness install a half cage or even a full roll cage. Wider tyres will also help but will make steering a little heaver.

topdzl

Reaction score
Website
www.aghaith.com
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7
I just bought full suspension system from pedders, coil-overs, sway bars and tower bar bushes and so on!!!! that will change everything. Now I can say that I have started doing some changes on the car, I just finished repainting the car, the same colour with a ceramic coat :) looks shiny beautiful. I can't wait to get the suspension on it!