Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Independent Rear + Castor/Camber Kit + Lowered Coils

vzute2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6L M6 Alloytec Commodore Ute
Hi, just wanted to know if anyone had had this problem before, I have a VZ Ute with 18's on it and lowered King Spring Coils, i had the 4 Point Camber Kit put in when it was lowered, i was driving around tonight and my rear sub k-frame snapped, i was like, what the f*#k just broke, i'll add some photos when i can!

vzute2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
100_0512_1.jpg, Here is the photo i hope

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
my makes vs clubby did that caused by been stupidly low and havin a locked diff. which just put too much stress on it.

but i have never heard of it in a vz. i suggest replace all the standard items and take it back to holden

vzute2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
i found out what caused it, when i had the camber kit put in about 9 months ago, they bottomed the inner bush on the sub k-frame, then put bars inbetween the outer bush and k-frame, thus putting stress fractures onto the metal, they aint paying for it, all i got was "I don't want to know about it", so im not going back to them. i ordered a new k-frame from holden (gotta love it when family works there) and got it at my brothers price of $370, new camber castor kit on order also as it sheared the head of the bolt off from the other side of the bush, not bad for $43, nolathane!!

Kung-Foo-Kamel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom Hilux with a V6 Ecotec
If I paid money for someone else to fit somthing this important and it failed due to improper fitting, I would expect them to fix it ASAP and kiss my ass while they did it, thats not somthing simple not forgetting to tighten a oil cap, or forgetting to check a battery, thats a life threatning issue, it could have coused a accident

Rant starting

If they didnt honour it I would smack **** out of the smart arse and put him hospital for a bloody month, make sure you scar his face so every time he looks in the mirror, he thinks of you, this sort of carry on makes me wild, gives other mechanics and workshops a bad name, if I did somthing like that to a customers car, we would fix it ASAP out of our pocket and we would be polite about it too, as its totally imbarrising

OK rant over

Hopfully it all gets fixed soon, I would hate to see that happen to my baby

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
If I paid money for someone else to fit somthing this important and it failed due to improper fitting, I would expect them to fix it ASAP and kiss my ass while they did it, thats not somthing simple not forgetting to tighten a oil cap, or forgetting to check a battery, thats a life threatning issue, it could have coused a accident

Rant starting

If they didnt honour it I would smack **** out of the smart arse and put him hospital for a bloody month, make sure you scar his face so every time he looks in the mirror, he thinks of you, this sort of carry on makes me wild, gives other mechanics and workshops a bad name, if I did somthing like that to a customers car, we would fix it ASAP out of our pocket and we would be polite about it too, as its totally imbarrising

OK rant over

Hopfully it all gets fixed soon, I would hate to see that happen to my baby

haha mate you're a funny guy:yeah:

purplepeopleeater

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
i cant get my k frame to line up on the left hand side,where it bolts to the floor,its a vx ss series 2