Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicator flasher unit

hohepa_temus

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS VX Commodore
Vx ss Commodore

hi guys this is my first post, I have a problem with my left indicator, When the headlights are on, the left indicator stays on, but the right one works, When the headlights are off, The left indicator works, but the dash lights flash with it, n the headlights flash with it, When i pull the flasher unit fuse out the indicator works fine, but I have tryed a different fuse and it does the same thing, Please help thanks,

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
hi guys this is my first post, I have a problem with my left indicator, When the headlights are on, the left indicator stays on, but the right one works, When the headlights are off, The left indicator works, but the dash lights flash with it, n the headlights flash with it, When i pull the flasher unit fuse out the indicator works fine, but I have tryed a different fuse and it does the same thing, Please help thanks,

There will be a short between the wiring for your LH indicator and your headlights. When you're powering up your indicator, the short will power up your headlight circuit and dash lights etc. You want to get this fixed asap else you'll blow headlight globes.

Have a look at the wiring around your LH indicator and headlight. If you can see two exposed wires touching, they're probably not meant to be, otherwise trace the wires back as far as you can and see if you can find an issue

SSVguy

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
MY11 6L VE series II SSV
Flasher unit relay

Will also add too that if you wish to put in LED globes as i have done (no rewiring, the globes have bayonet caps with 150/30 degree offset) you will need to upgrade your flasher unit to a globe/LED relay. what is already in there is a globe unit so if you put in an LED globe, it doesn't draw as much current or voltage and the resistance is different to that of an incandescent bulb so the system thinks its a fault you just need to get a globe/LED flasher. bursons usually are the best place to get them from. and it goes in the fuse area under the steering column

SSVguy

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
MY11 6L VE series II SSV
on top of that too, (i forgot to mention i have the equipment just haven't fitted it yet)..... flasher circuit control is actually in the BCM of the VE (not sure about early model VE's but my SSV is) which means load resistors for where i want to put the LEDs - contact points in the front indicator caps make wiring in a load resistor virtually impossible and not worth the stuffing around

gigdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive wagon 1999
my flasher unit is working but i am getting a clicking sound all of the time like it is stuck on untill i use the indicator and it stops clicking wile the indicator is working

Ollie Olsen

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Crewman
Just want to know where the flasher unit is located in a VZ crewman, my flasher relay is working fine but still won't flash

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Just want to know where the flasher unit is located in a VZ crewman, my flasher relay is working fine but still won't flash
As Post #6 says....
It's in the fuse box under the steering wheel, should be in the top left corner it's actually labeled 'flasher unit' and not 'flasher relay'
Pull down the panel under the steering wheel. VT-VZ, all the same,. Just maybe different options as far as extra/less fuses and relays.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
A test light in the socket and then match up to the relay.

HohepaRowe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SS VE Sportswagon
Yeah sorry about that. Just found the fuse box under the sterring column. The flasher unit was a little bit lose, and it seems to be working now so there ya go.

Thanks for the help.
Hi I’m having the same problem but can’t find the fuse box under the steering wheel? Is this for a VE or another model ?