Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicator flasher unit

Tony.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII SS
Mine has been playing up for months but it's finally starting to get to me so I think it's time to change it. Does anyone else sell them besides Holden? What do they go for? Are they easy to install?

Cheers.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Flasher unit as in the part that goes in the fusebox? Most auto places will have them. Try supergay, REPCO, Autobarn, Auto-one e.t.c. Or goto a wreckers and grab one.

rainkaos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Commodore Wagon
Mine is playing up too. I can't seem to find the flasher unit in the fuse box to replace it though. What is it labelled as?

jamin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0L
It should be labeled 'flasher relay'

rainkaos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Commodore Wagon
Yeah thats what I've been looking for, but there's nothing labelled "Flasher Relay". I tried taking a picture of the fuse box layout but it was too blurry, so here's a list of all the labels in it:

INJ/IGN
ENG SENSORS
AUTO TRANS
LH HEADLAMP
RH HEADLAMP
ENG. CONT/BCM
FUEL PUMP

FUEL PUMP RELAY
LEVEL RIDE RELAY
FOG LAMP RELAY
FRONT WIPER RELAY
SPARE
THEFT HORN RELAY
LOW BEAM RELAY
A/C RELAY
HORN RELAY
SPARE
ENGINE CONT. RELAY
HIGH BEAM RELAY
SPARE
START RELAY

RAD FAN F/L
BLOWER F/L
MAIN F/L
ENGINE F/L
ABS F/L
LIGHTING F/L
RAD FAN 2 F/L

Sorry for the big post, hopefully someone knows which one might be the indicator flasher unit?

Cheers

jamin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0L
It's in the fuse box under the steering wheel, should be in the top left corner it's actually labeled 'flasher unit' and not 'flasher relay'

rainkaos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Commodore Wagon
Yeah sorry about that. Just found the fuse box under the sterring column. The flasher unit was a little bit lose, and it seems to be working now so there ya go.

Thanks for the help.

ndnxtc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Hi guys, my VX's indicator doesn't flash properly. It stay's on for a while before clicking over and sometimes it doesn't even flash off. I was wondering changing the flasher unit...is it a DIY or not worth the hassel? BTW...very new at this.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Hi guys, my VX's indicator doesn't flash properly. It stay's on for a while before clicking over and sometimes it doesn't even flash off. I was wondering changing the flasher unit...is it a DIY or not worth the hassel? BTW...very new at this.

There is a how to change the indicator stalk in the how to section, but the fuse relay is easy, pull out, put back in the new one.

aupsloptp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Yeah sorry about that. Just found the fuse box under the sterring column. The flasher unit was a little bit lose, and it seems to be working now so there ya go.

Thanks for the help.

Same here, just a loose flasher unit. The wife was wearing out the indicator arm trying to flash manually. Thanks.