Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

indicator flashing normal then fast

showtime9

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV clubsport
Hi all,

Quick question and probably really easy, I have a HSV 2008 I put my indicator on to turn left it flashes normal then starts to flash fast as if one if the globes have blown. I have checked all the globes and they are all ok? any ideas?

thanks

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Check all of the loom plugs and make sure they're not corroded on the inside, this could cause one of the globes to not connect properly. This only usually happens with older cars but if it's come into contact with water/moisture then there's a very good chance this has happened.

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
I suspect that the VE indicator clicks are artificial, ie not a relay clicking like in older cars. I've noticed that if the car has something better to tell you, such as an error code , speed warning, etc, it will interrupt the indicator clicking to tell you, then resume that indicator clicking. This causes a short pause in the rate of indicator clicks. Might not be related, but might be handy to know.