Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

indicator not turning off when turning corner

jared_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN exec S1
I know this is fairly common but when turning left my indicator doesnt turn off even after the wheel is straightened up. Is there any way to fix it or am i stuck with it?

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
you could try swapping the stalk out for another one, it's been a while but from memory there's a couple of bits of plastic on the end of the stalk; one for left one for right. when the wheel turns part of it catches on whichever bit of plastic is sticking out (depends on which way the indicator has been pressed. this little plastic bit is probably worn out on yours. new stalks aren't that expensive and while you're at it i think you can upgrade to a later model (vt??) item which i've heard look better but never checked.

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
yea you can get a VT one as i have one in my VP, just make sure the VT indicator stalk doesn't have the cruise control buttons. Do you have an aftermarket steering wheel? as that may also be the problem is the boss kit isn't lined up properly.

George

jared_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN exec S1
cheers guys. Nah i dont have an aftermarket steering wheel. Ill get a stalk from a vt sometimes this week. cheers