Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicator problem

VX SS 340 HP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS LS1
Hi i have a VS Wagon i have owned the car for 3 years and it has never missed a beat but all of a sudden today when i put my foot on the brake when i have my indicator on (going Right Only) it stops flashing and just stays illuminated it looks strange and the first time it did i laughed my arse of but the novilty has worn off any help would be apprecaited
Cheers

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Check for a short in the connector and loom at rear of offending light..
Most likely suspect. If not, backtrace loom from rear under carpet/trim and check it hasn't been crushed..

Edit: is there a trailer harness fitted? If so, also check where it's been tapped

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Also check the earths. It sounds as if there is a fault with the wire that earths the RH rear tail light assembly.

Does the brake lamp go a bit dimmer when the fault occurs?

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Sounds very much like the Brake power cct is bridging over to the indicator. Check the wiring in the wagon end that goes to the lights, its usually where the most damage is done normally and yes check tow bar connector joints if you have one. Look for wires crushed together, shorted on a corner, crushed ect...