Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicator stays on

Jono61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
Hi. I saw a thread earlier about someone having the same problem with their VZ ute in that when you lock the doors, the right indicator stays on. Advice given to the guys simply suggested he take his ute back under warranty and get it fixed. Mine's out of warranty and I'd just like to know if anyone has any ideas on what could be the problem. i'm thinking of changing the flasher unit to start with.

Any ideas please?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hi. I saw a thread earlier about someone having the same problem with their VZ ute in that when you lock the doors, the right indicator stays on. Advice given to the guys simply suggested he take his ute back under warranty and get it fixed. Mine's out of warranty and I'd just like to know if anyone has any ideas on what could be the problem. i'm thinking of changing the flasher unit to start with.

Any ideas please?

It will be the Body Control Module (BCM), a common VZ fault. New ones cost around $500 trade with new key heads coded to match, but Doctor Bob on this forum can repair them for considerably less. You will be wasting your time trying to fix the problem by changing the flasher unit.

The BCM is located under the right hand dash panel, immediately above the accelerator pedal. It is retained by two clips on top and one scrivet on the bottom RH corner.. To gain access, remove the lower RH dash cover panel that sits immediately above the pedals. You will see the BCM, a grey plastic box with three sets of wires leading into it. Reach up and unclip the two top clips and cut the scrivet out using a sharp chisel - it is difficult to remove any other way because of its location. (Don't bother replacing it). Drop the BCM, disconnect the wiring and you're on your way. Replacement is simply connecting the wiring and pushing the BCM back into place for the two clips to engage.

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Or if you want a dodgey solution, put a relay in that closes when the ignition is on...

Jono61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
Thanks heaps! I'll check it out.