Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicators come on (continuous light) when thermo fan cuts in??

GreasyGirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
hi there.. ok so the problem is everytime the thermo fans come on in the vx the indicators come on too, they dont flash its a continuous light.. i understand there is some form of fault or short in the wiring but where do i start looking? :hmmm:

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
Sounds to me like a relay, issue. Though indicators w/thermo fan doesn't make much sense.

GreasyGirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
well thats what i thought, its not like the thermo has anything to do with the blinkers.. strange one.

GreasyGirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
update: the hazards are now constantly on (continuous and not flashing still), also when i press the hazard switch it pops the boot.. wtf:hmmm:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Id say theres a fault in the BCM (Body Control Module), its the computer module that controls all the systems you mentioned including the low speed cooling fan.If the BCM is replaced with a second hand unit,you will need the exact same type and level of BCM, there are different level BCM's depending on the car and the option level,eg-whether is a calais or executive etc. You will also need the ignition key fob from the same car the BCM comes from,otherwise the immobiliser wont turn off, as your key's security code will be different to the new BCM security code,and these codes have to match..You just gotta swap over the second hand keyfob with your keyfob,it unscrews from the actual metal part of the ignition key.You will also need to get the BCM linked to the ECU (Electronic Control Unit),you will have to see holden about this,it needs to be done with the Tech2 scantool.

Last edited:

GreasyGirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Brett you are a life saver and were completely right, got this message and checked it out just b4 i was about to call an auto sparky to come out. if we leave one of the plugs coming from the bmc undone then the problem is fixed but wont start, if we plug that plug back in it will start but we have that problem again... Phew... thanks for that mate.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Im glad I was able to help out.Yeah,just get another BCM and swap it over,dont forget to also get the matching key fob from the same car the BCM comes from.Cheers...

GreasyGirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
just wondering if you know how much it is to get it all reprogrammed??? would i still need to get it reprogrammed if i get the bcm key fob and ecu out of the same car and swap over?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If you get the ECU as well as the BCM and keyfob,all from the same car,it all should just run without having to see anyone to get it linked..Its only if you replace the ECU or BCM seperately, that you need to get them linked again.Also it could cost anything from $50 to $150 ,its hard to say,but if it ends up that you have to get them linked for whatever reason,call a few different holden dealers and auto electricians for prices first.They vary heaps with their charges,and you want the cheapest price you can get..

Last edited: