Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicators Flash when Door Open..

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hey guys,

Mate of mine has a VR commodore, basically the same as mine. He has a different aftermarket alarm fitted though, and whenever the doors are opened the indicators flash.

We were thinking of wiring this up to my aftermarket alarm but we can't seem to figure out just how it is wired up exactly... any ideas?

Cheers,
Nick

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
It wouldnt have anything to do with the alarm i wouldnt think it would have to do with the wiring in the door.

I know when you open your door with your lights on they die and your interior lights turn on so i would say there was some fooling around with those wires to dummy up with the central locking indicator flash

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yeah not sure mate.... Any idea how it was wired up anyway just to try replicate it?

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
You would have to find the central locking bit that makes the indicators flash run wires from there to the door release button.

As for where the central locking bit is i wouldnt know mate, im sure someone else can help though

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Cheers mate... anyone else?

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
yep. Ive got the same aftermarket alarm. It works great but if the door is open, all 4 indicators flash. It's annoying as and i cant figure out how to stop it, it must be in the software in the control box.

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yeah thought it was to do with the alarm.. was jsut wondering if there was a way to wire it up manually, without the alarm..

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
you could run a lead from the interior light switch on your door to one of the pins on the flasher relay, so when you open the door it sends current to the relay-activating it. BUT i think the current needed to activate the relay is positive and the interior light is negative-switched. Check a gregories. IF the relay activation-switch-current-polarity is negative then you could make it work... maybe..
lots of work for a gimmick isnt it?

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Haha yeah lots of work lol