Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicators have been a bit dicky... now they dont work at all ***HELP***

Skidney

Utes do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP UTE
hey i have an 89 VN SS. the other day i had to flick my indicator stalk a few times to get my indicators to come on... now they wont come on at all. also my hazard lights dont work. sometimes when it was dicky it would come on randomly but now it doesn't work at all. what can cause this???

i have a boss kit on there at the moment which wouldnt flick the indicator back into the middle position once i turned a corner... so im puttin a standard steering wheel back on and a different indicator stalk... but if this doesn't work what should i be checking next? cheers, sid.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
I'd be replacing the flasher unit on the fuse block under the dash

When they start to go the indicators start doing weird stuff and then suddenly stop working

Skidney

Utes do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP UTE
ok so im not sure what is going on here. i dont have another flasher relay yet so what ive done is bridged the flasher relay so the indicators should just stay on like normal globes... but all it does is blow the indicator fuse... standard is 15 amp and i tried it with another 15 and 20 amp and it still blows it instantly. when i flick my indicators left or right with a new fuse it will just do nothing... same with the hazards...

what the hell is going on here? can someone help???